Why have a green smoothie? It packs a powerful, healthy punch. Even the healthiest person may not get enough green vegetables every day. That’s why this green smoothie is awesome! You get your daily intake of veggies in a great tasting way. This green smoothie can substitute for an on the go meal.
It is great for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even for a well needed energy drink. This green smoothie includes all the fruits, vegetables and grains you need all in one drink – almond milk and the almonds give it the smooth creamy texture. So give yourself a boost of power with this green smoothie treat.
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup of canned or fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup of Broccoli
- 1 Cup canned or fresh Peaches
- 1 Cup granola
- ¼ Cup canned or fresh mango
- 1/2 Cup Almonds chopped or ground almonds\
- Ice cubes
1. Add the almonds, almond milk, water, yogurt and the granola into a blender (check out www.bestblenderforsmoothiesguide.com if you need to buy one). Blend the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Wash and cut broccoli and spinach. Add the vegetables to the blender and blend for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add all the fruit ingredient into the blender. Blend the mixture on high speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Blenders that are less powerful blend smoothie for 5 to 9 minutes.
4. Add ice cubes (as many as needed or desired). Blend for another minute or until smooth and creamy. Pour in smoothie cup and server.
Appropriate for Different or Special Diets
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free, Sugar free, Wheat free, Soya free, Salt free, Nut Replacements or recommended substitute
If almonds are not a favorite then use walnuts, pecans, Brazil, chest, hazel, macadamia, pistachio. Pumpkin or sunflower seeds are also good healthy substitutes.
This drink blends better when mixed in stages. Add the dry and wet ingredients first. Then blend in the vegetables and fruits. The ice cubes are added last to give the drink a cold creamy consistency. If needed add more water to the mixture if the smoothie is too thick.
Use this smoothie as a meal replacement only when using oats or quinoa as an ingredient. Quinoa is commonly definite as a grain. However, it is better known as a cross between brown rice and oatmeal or a cereal mix.
Make sure you have the right blender. The best blender for smoothies can handle ice cubes as well as tough parts of fruits and vegetables with easy. Only with a good blender you will get the delicious creamy texture!